You know what is the most funny for me here? That I never liked beetroot 🙂 But this changed recently. In preparation for the New Years Eve where I was expecting some guest, I was thinking about what would be the best as appetiser. After checking out some recipes the choice fell on the beetroot carpaccio. Today I can tell you that it was a really a good decision as the carpaccio was a great success. So in case you want to impress your guests or just want to have something not very traditional try out this recipe.
- 2 bigger and cooked beetroot
- 100g of goat cheese
- 1 pomegranate
- Olive oil
- 1 table spoon of honey
- 1 table spoon of white vinegar
- Handful of rocket salad
- Handful of sprouts
- 25g of walnuts
- Juice from 1/4 of lemon
- Slice the cooked beetroot into very thin slices and place it onto a plate. Sprinkle over with goat cheese, walnuts and the pomegranate
- Mix 1 spoon of olive oil with honey, vinegar and the lemon juice. Mix well and sprinkle over the carpaccio.
- Place the rocket salad and the sprouts on top
- Serving tip: best taste when cold and goes perfectly with dry Prosecco.