This is the second recipe from the Valentine’s dinner. I have chosen a soup which will warm you up and give you a proper boost.
The soup is tuned up with chili pepper which is another libido boosting ingredient. This invigorating spice has an exotic reputation and a bright red color, which could be why chili peppers are considered natural aphrodisiac foods and a symbol of love. Chili peppers stimulate endorphins (the brain’s feel-good chemicals), speed up heart rate and make you sweat, which all mimic how you feel when you’re aroused.
Carrot, sweet potato and red chili pepper soup (VeGaN).
- 150g of sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped to smaller cubes
- 45g of carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk 18% fat
- 1 teaspoon of clarified butter (Ghee)
- 10g of red chili pepper, deseeded and sliced finely
- Dried coconut slices
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt & pepper
- Heat up a pot and add the clarified butter. Once the butter is hot add the red chili pepper, and roast for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and the carrots to the pot and roast for 2-3 minutes and then add the coconut milk. Stir well, cook for 1 minute and then pour over with 600ml of cold water. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the veggies will get tender (approximately 20 minutes).
- Once the soup is ready add the turmeric, and season with black pepper and salt to your taste. Stir well and set aside.
- Blend the soup with immersion blender until it will get a very smooth consistency. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. Also, you can add more water if the soup will be too thick.
- Serve with dried coconut slices and optionally with few chili slices. Enjoy 🙂