Hey, welcome back. Hope you enjoyed the first asparagus recipe. In case you did and you want more, here is the second one. Fatty Asparagus baked in the oven with bacon and yogurt dressing. It is again a very easy one. And of course, yummy as well 🙂 So enjoy, make it at home and share it on your Social Media. Use the #tasteisyours hashtag.
Fatty Asparagus baked in the oven with bacon and yogurt dressing.
- Bunch of fresh asparaguses
- Bacon in stripes
- 100ml white yogurt
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Crushed chillies
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Roll over your asparagus with the bacon and place into a baking sheet.
- Bake for around 20 minutes and then set aside to cool down. Sprinkle over with grated black pepper.
- Mix the yogurt with crushed chilies and add the drizzle of olive oil. You can optionally add a bit of lemon juice to fresh it up.
Do you know what are the health benefits of asparagus?
It’s loaded with nutrients.
Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
It can help fight cancer.
This herbaceous plant—along with avocado, kale and Brussels sprouts—is a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers.
In case you want to find out more about this super vegetable click here and read the full article.