Monster Cookies (with dried cranberries and milk chocolate)
What the hell is going on with the weather? I don’t remember April with so much snow and I saw a couple of Aprils in my life already. So if the spring is not here yet, I have an idea. Let’s do winter again 🙂 I do not mean that we should have Christmas and celebrate New Year’s Eve, but why to not make some winter food? I think it would be good to make something extra for this cold days.
Pancakes are classic, tarts are more like Easter cakes, brownies are for Christmas, so what it could be? Now I know, let’s make cookies. 🙂 A really nice and crispy Monster Cookies with a lot of chocolate and dried cranberries in. Do you agree?
- 100g unsalted butter
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g flour
- 30g cornflour
- 4tablespoons rolled oats
- 50g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- Beat the butter and icing sugar. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds and add to the butter.
- Mix the flour, cornflour, and oats, then add to the butter. Mix in the chocolate and berries, then shape the dough into a roll. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the dough into 1cm rounds, place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown, but soft to the touch.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool and crisp