Pavlova meringue with fresh berries and stracciatella cream
The solution is very simple and it does not require any special knowledge. The only thing you need is a good blender (kitchen robot), a few ingredients, reliable oven, and 15-20 minutes of your time. Of course, you will need some more time to bake the meringue but during that you can even take a nap, clean your house or watch a good movie 🙂
So what else is good about this Pavlova?
Besides that the meringue dough (mixture) is very easy and tasty, I like to fill it in with my favorite stracciatella cream and decorate with fresh berries. This combination gives the meringue a refreshing sour taste and the stracciatella cream with dark chocolate a very nice texture. Ok, I will finish the talk now as I am getting hungry 🙂 And meanwhile, I eat the leftover from my Pavlova you can check out the recipe. Enjoy 🙂
PS: And how are you making the Pavlova at home? What are your favorite ingredients on top? Leave your answers in a comment below.
Pavlova meringue with fresh berries and stracciatella cream.
- eggs whites (I used 10 egg whites)
- granulated sugar (1/4 of a cup per each egg white, in my case I used 2 and 1/2 of a cup sugar for 10 egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of potato flour
- 2 handful of fresh berries for decorations
- 250g of cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 500g of mascarpone
- 100g of dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 100g powdered sugar
- Optional: a handful of fresh or frozen cranberries and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for a sour jam
- Place the egg whites into a bigger bowl (I recommend to use either glass or metal bowl, the plastic one is not good for the eggs as it holds up the fat from the egg whites).
- Beat the egg whites for 1 minute or until you will have a gentle foam. Add the sugar gradually, 2 tablespoons at once.
- Keep mixing until you use all the sugar and the mixture gets smooth and have no sugar pieces inside. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Place the parchment paper on a baking tray and spread the meringue mixture in a circle. Depends on the size of your meringue you can either make 1 bigger or 2 smaller ones.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 160°C and then for 90 minutes at 130°C. After the time DO NOT REMOVE from the oven, and leave the meringue in the oven for another 1 hour to cool down.
- Meanwhile, make the stracciatella filling. Place the cream cheese into a bowl and mix with the powdered sugar. Mix for few minutes until both ingredients are well combined. Add the mascarpone and mix on a very low speed for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped chocolate.
- Optional: In case you want to refresh your meringue a bit more I recommend to add the sour jam. And how to make it? Just add the cranberries, the brown sugar, and the lemon juice into a pot, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside and leave to cool completely. Spread the sour jam over the top of your meringue or the berries.
- Assembling the Pavlova meringue: place the baked and cooled meringue base on a flat surface and spread the stracciatella cream on top. (in case you made 2 meringues divide the cream into 2 parts, so you can spread it over both parts). Decorate with your favorite berries and enjoy. PS: the Pavlova tastes the best after few hours in the fridge.