Let’s start the year with an easy and super healthy recipe (I guess some of you are on some kind of diet so a healthy recipe will be a great start 🙂 This spread is made from frozen green peas, leek, Dijon mustard, and a few more green ingredients and it is VeGaN. The preparation takes up to 15 minutes and you can store it in the fridge up to 4-5 days.
Super healthy green spread from peas and leek. (VeGaN)
- 280g frozen green peas
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 100g of chopped leek (only the white part)
- 50g of fresh spinach
- 10ml of linseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 40g of Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the frozen peas in slightly salty water. Drain and transfer to a blender.
- Add to the blender the spinach leaves, linseed oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and blend until smooth. In case the spread is too thick, you can add a bit of water to loosen it.
- Season the spread with the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Now you can add the chopped chives and the leek to the spread. Stir well and serve with rye bread.