Delicious Vegan coconut and almond truffles covered with dark chocolate.
There are days when I just crave something sweet (hands up if you have those days too 🙂 ). Normally I just get up and go to the grocery store to buy something.
But lately, I follow a different strategy. I make the desserts and sweets at home 🙂 It is much cheaper, I have fun in the kitchen making it, and I exactly know what is inside 🙂
So if you do want to join me, you can start with this super easy recipe – a Vegan coconut and almond truffles covered with dark chocolate.
Have fun cooking and enjoy 🙂
Vegan coconut and almond truffles covered with dark chocolate.
Vegan coconut and almond truffles covered with dark chocolate.Recipe by tasteisyoursCourse: DessertCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
Easy vegan truffles made with coconut and almond. Gluten free.
400g of coconut shavings + some for decorations
200g of sliced and peeled almonds (you can buy them in the store or use the whole but peeled almonds too)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
3-4 tablespoons of agave syrup
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
pinch of salt
100g of dark chocolate
- Place the coconut shavings, the sliced almonds and the coconut flour in a blender and blend until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan and add the agave syrup, and season with a pinch of salt. Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
- Mix the liquids with the coconut-almond mixture and place in the fridge (or freezer for 5 minutes). Thanks to this the dough will be a bit thicker and better for truffle making.
- Take out the dough from the fridge and start making a ping-pong ball sized truffles. You should be able to make 10-12 truffles. Once you used all the dough place the truffles on a plate and put back to the fridge for 30-35 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a water bath. Takeout the balls from the fridge and dunk in a hot melted chocolate. Place the balls back to the plate, sprinkle with some coconut shavings and let the chocolate thicken again. You can speed up the procedure by putting the balls back to the fridge.
- Enjoy 🙂
Recipe Card plugin by WPZOOM
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!