Quick salad: Quick and easy fig salad with prosciutto ham to impress your date in summer time
Quick and easy fig salad with prosciutto ham to impress your date in summer time
This winter is pretty long at my place. The neverending cold and dark days and a lot of snow are starting to be pretty boring. But at least I have a lot of time working on new recipes which will be perfect for spring and summer. One of my new favorite ones so far is this easy fig and prosciutto ham salad. It is so colorful that just looking at it is warming me up 🙂 Besides the cool look, it also tastes delicious. The sweet taste of fresh figs goes well with salty prosciutto ham. And it is boosted even more with slightly bitter blue cheese. Also, I have added a few fresh basils leaves so it’s more refreshing.
In case you can buy fresh figs at your grocery stores or supermarkets you should definitely try out this salad. Hope you will like it as I do 🙂 In case you have other (better) ideas for fig salads, send me a message or leave a comment below 🙂
Easy fig salad with prosciutto ham
- 4 fresh figs
- 4 slices of prosciutto ham
- A handful of fresh rocket salad (rucolla)
- 25g of blue cheese
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh baguette (or ciabatta)
- Cut the figs into smaller pieces. Wash the rocket salad and dry.
- Place the rocket salad on the plate. Add the figs, prosciutto ham, and the blue cheese.
- Drizzle over with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves.
- Serve with baguette or ciabatta. Enjoy 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, cheese makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!