Spicy Sandwich (VeGaN)
If you follow me on my Instagram you have seen this sandwich already there. After making it for the first time it very quickly became one of my favorite sandwiches of all time 🙂 It is a combination of spicy mustard sauce, avocado, tomato, and hummus. All packed between two slices of toasted rye bread and topped with a hot sriracha sauce. It is the perfect combo for cold autumn days, good as a lunch or a quick dinner. Enjoy 🙂
*the original recipe belongs to Minimalist Baker
- Rye bread (or any other whole wheat bread), toasted
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- 1 pepperoni
- Any kind of sprouts
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 onion, sliced and caramelized – directions below
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Heat up a medium-sized pan and add the oil. Then add the sliced onions, a pinch of salt and roast for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, lower the heat and roast until it will get melted. Optional – you can also add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to add a sour taste.
- In a bowl mix the mustard with maple syrup. If the sauce is still hot you can add more maple syrup until you will get a balanced flavor.
- Spread the hummus on toasted bread, add the caramelized onions, avocado, tomato and the mustard sauce. Place some sprouts on top and drizzle with the sriracha sauce. Enjoy 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!