Easy to make Easter Saffron Bundt Cake
Easter Saffron Bundt Cake with icing.
Bundt cake is usually associated with Easter holidays. In Poland, this type of cake is called ‘Babka’ and it means ‘older women’. The name comes from the shape of the skirt ladies used to wear back in the old days (narrower at the waist and wider at the bottom with big frills). Today, many people cannot imagine Easter without a good ‘Babka’.
Below recipe is a twist on a basic bundt cake. By adding saffron, cake gains sophisticated aroma and taste and at the same time, it’s very easy to make. It only takes
Surprise your friends and family with this recipe during Easter or any other time of the year. I guarantee that the Saffron Bundt Cake will look very effective on your table.
Easter Saffron Bundt Cake
Easy to make Easter Saffron Bundt CakePrzepis autorstwa tasteisyoursDanie: Recipe book, Sweet treats, DessertKuchnia: PolskaStopień trudności: Łatwe
2 and 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 and 1/2 cup of caster sugar
230g of butter
4 medium size eggs
1 cup of warm milk, 3,2%
1/2 tsp of saffron
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 tsp of backing powder
3/4 tbs of salt
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- Mix the butter until fluffy, then add sugar. Mix together for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one by one, constantly stirring.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, backing powder and salt.
- Add saffron to the warm milk and stir together.
- Mix in a bit of flour mix into the butter, sugar and eggs. Keep mixing, then pour a bit of a milk mixture in. Keep on doing this until all of the flour and milk are incorporated into the batter. Make sure the last part you add will be flour (not milk). This will help to keep the batter nice and fluffy.
- Smear (or spray) the baking form with the butter or oil. Coat the form with some flour (shake off the excess).
- Pour the batter into the form.
- Bake for 1 hour at 175°C.
- Once cooled completely, you can decorate the cake with icing of your choice. One of my favorites icings is 5 tablespoons of sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk. You can add more sugar or milk depending on how thick you want your icing. Alternatively, this cake will also look delicious with sprinkle of icing sugar on top.
Witryna wykorzystuje Akismet, aby ograniczyć spam. Dowiedz się więcej jak przetwarzane są dane komentarzy.
Życie jest wspaniałe, wino czyni je lepszym...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!