Crème Brûlée is a dessert of French origin, but it has been embraced by Polish cuisine with unique twists that add a touch of Eastern European charm.
Known for its rich custard base and contrasting layer of hard caramel, this Polish-style Crème Brûlée brings a creamy sweetness to the end of any meal.
Most Popular Ways of Serving Crème Brûlée
- Topped with a thin, crispy layer of caramelized sugar.
- Accompanied by fresh berries or a dollop of fruit compote.
- Served with a shortbread biscuit or a delicate wafer.
My Advice to Make an Outstanding Crème Brûlée
- Use real vanilla beans to infuse the custard with authentic flavor.
- Ensure the sugar is evenly spread before torching for a perfect caramelized top.
- Chill the custard well before adding the sugar to ensure a crisp crust.
Spices and Other Variations for the Best Crème Brûlée
- Infuse the cream with a stick of cinnamon or a dash of nutmeg for a warm spice note.
- Add a splash of Polish cherry vodka for a fruity undertone.
- For a chocolate version, mix in some high-quality cocoa powder.
- DELIGHTFUL POLISH GINGERBREAD (PIERNICZKI)
- AUTHENTIC POLISH CHEESECAKE (SERNIK) RECIPE
- PECAN CARROT CAKE WITH LIME MASCARPONE CREAM
- PAPAL CREAM CAKE OR KREMOWKA. – ONE OF THE BEST POLISH DESSERTS.
- THE BEST POLISH HONEY CAKE WITH CARAMELISED WALNUTS.
- HEAVENLY POLISH CINNAMON ROLLS RECIPE
u003cstrongu003eCan I make Crème Brûlée without a torch?u003c/strongu003e
Yes, you can caramelize the sugar under a broiler, but watch it closely to avoid burning.
u003cstrongu003eHow can I tell when the custard is done?u003c/strongu003e
The custard should be set around the edges but still have a slight jiggle in the center.
u003cstrongu003eWhy is my Crème Brûlée runny?u003c/strongu003e
It may be undercooked, or it hasn’t been chilled long enough. It needs several hours to set properly in the refrigerator.
u003cstrongu003eCan I use milk instead of cream?u003c/strongu003e
Milk can be used, but it will result in a less creamy texture. For best results, stick with heavy cream.
u003cstrongu003eHow far in advance can I make Crème Brûlée?u003c/strongu003e
You can prepare the custard up to 2 days in advance and keep it refrigerated. Add the sugar topping and caramelize just before serving.