Easy chocolate muffins with cream cheese and mascarpone frosting.
Christmas is around the corner and there is a lot of preparation going on. People are shopping and buying gifts, dressing Christmas trees and some are preparing the Christmas dinner menu. Every culture has different traditions and eats a different type of food.
But what is common everywhere are definitely desserts 🙂 I haven’t found anybody who would not bake some kind of dessert for the Christmas dinner 🙂
And because I am also a person which has to have something sweet for holidays I decided to bake these delicious chocolate muffins.
They are super delicious, easy to make and the cooking time is very short. The whole process takes only something above 40 minutes.
Therefore if you do not know what to bake for your family and guests, check out the recipe. You will be surprised how good they are and refreshing is the taste of lime mascarpone cream on top 🙂
Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all of you 🙂
How to make an easy chocolate muffins with cream cheese and mascarpone frosting?
Easy chocolate muffins with cream cheese and mascarpone frosting.Recipe by tasteisyoursCourse: DessertCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
Chocolate muffins topped with lime cream cheese and mascarpone frosting.
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla flavored sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
100g of dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of milk
150g of mascarpone
250g of cream cheese
80g of icing sugar
sugar sprinkles for decorating
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Separately mix the wet ingredients (egg, oil, and milk) in another bowl and stir until combined. Then mix both mixtures together until smooth.
- Chop the dark chocolate (medium-sized pieces will be the best) and add to the mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and prepare your muffin baking tray. Place the muffin paper forms into the tray, and add 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into each of them. Leave approximately 1cm free from the top of the paper form. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once baked set aside to cool down.
- Mix the mascarpone with cream cheese and the icing sugar. Add the lime zest and the lime juice and mix well. Decorate your muffins with the cream and serve 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
- PS: the muffins taste the best on the second day 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!