Delicious and easy vegan cinnamon rolls perfect for your family to enjoy during the Christmas season.
Friends, it is time to do some baking.
And because I like easy and delicious recipes I decided to give you something really cool, but still very easy to prepare – cinnamon rolls, in VeGaN version.
The preparation is not time-consuming and the result is very satisfying. Crunchy crust, fluffy and soft inside are super yummy. In case you like your rolls a bit sweeter, just add frosting on top.
Have fun in the kitchen and enjoy 🙂
PS: if you would like to get more VEGAN recipes just click here.
How to make the simplest and delicious Vegan cinnamon rolls?
Delicious and easy vegan cinnamon rolls perfect for your family to enjoy during the Christmas season.Przepis autorstwa tasteisyoursCourse: DessertCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
This is a very traditional cinnamon roll recipe translated into vegan version.
250ml of plant-based milk
30g of fresh yeasts (or 7g instant yeasts)
500g of all-purpose flour
50g of caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1 vegan egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax-seeds and 2 tablespoons of hot water mixed in a bowl and rested for 5 minutes)
70g of plant-based butter
70g of plant-based butter
20g of cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
1/2 cup of brown caster sugar
zest from 1/2 of lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 and 1/2 of powdered sugar
- Heat up the milk to body temperature and add the yeasts. Stir we and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bigger bowl, add 50g of sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the milk with yeasts, vegan egg and mix with a spoon.
- Then start kneading the dough, you can do it with hands or in kitchen robot. Knead for 10 minutes until you will get a smooth and elastic dough. After 5 minutes add 70g of butter and knead 5 more minutes. Cover with a foil or kitchen towel and let it grow for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- After that, place your dough on a flat surface and push out all the leftover air bubbles. Cut the dough into 2 pieces and roll out (using a rolling pin) to 30x30cm big squares. Mix the cinnamon powder, 2 tablespoons of vanilla sugar, 1/2 of brown caster sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl. Smear the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar mix. Roll up the dough and cut into 2cm thick slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet, keeping some space in between. Cover with kitchen towel and let it rest for another 45 minutes. Until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- In case you are using the frosting, spread it over the rolls and let it thicken for several minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!