Celery root puree with roasted beetroots (VeGaN)
Omnomnom 🙂 This is the only thing I can tell you about this dish. It is simply delicious 🙂 Also it is very easy to prepare and you need only several ingredients. The oven baked balsamic beetroots and the celery root pure are matching together perfectly and create a nice harmony. I strongly recommend this dish to all of you, not only VeGaNs 🙂
Easy celery root puree with roasted beetroots (VeGaN)
Easy celery root puree with roasted beetroots (VeGaN)Course: Dinners, Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN mealsCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
4-5 of medium-sized beetroots
10 pieces of pearl onions (or any kind of small onions)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt & pepper
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh (or dried) thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh (or dried) tarragon
2 medium-sized celery roots
1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of water
greens for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel the beetroots and cut into cubes. Remove the skin from the onions.
- Place the beetroots and the onions on a baking sheet, season with salt & pepper and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir well and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the herbs, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the maple syrup. Set aside.
- Remove the skin from the garlic and chop finely. Peel the celery root and cut into bigger cubes.
- Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and roast for 1 minute. Add the chopped celery roots, pour in the coconut oil and the water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the celery is cooked, mix well with a blender. You should get a nice and creamy puree. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- When your beetroots and onions are baked, add the balsamic mixture, stir and place back into the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy 🙂