Easy kale vegan Caesar salad with roasted garlic which will keep your family full and happy in summer time.
This is another great recipe from the global cookbook which is definitely worth to be veganized 🙂 This salad is known for its creamy texture, sour & salty taste, and grilled croutons on top. Some people also like it with grilled bacon and chicken breast and a grilled baguette on the side. Today I will show you how to make Caesar salad which is vegan, healthy and still has all the flavors. I actually like it much more nowadays than the original omnivore version. Enjoy 🙂
Easy kale vegan Caesar salad with roasted garlic
Easy kale vegan Caesar salad with roasted garlicCourse: Dinners, Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN mealsDifficulty: Easy
Super healthy and delicious lunch.
Bunch of fresh kale leaves, I usually rip off the soft parts and throw away the hard stalks
1 whole oven baked garlic, recipe below
80g of cashew nuts, soaked in hot boiling water for at least 45minutes
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of capers + 2 tablespoons of the caper juice
salt & black pepper
2 teaspoons of vegan parmesan, recipe below
croutons from wholewheat bread
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
- Oven baked garlic – cut off the top part of the whole garlic head and place on aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt, add a drizzle of olive oil and close the foil loosely. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 45 minutes.
- VeGaN Parmesan – Mix together 2 tablespoons of ground almonds with 3 tablespoons of yeast flakes. You can also add 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes and a pinch of salt.
- Place the soaked cashew nuts into a food processor and mix until smooth. Squeeze in the baked garlic (only the garlic, not the skin) add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard, capers and the juice from it and mix on the high speed. Add lemon juice from half of the lemon and pinch of salt. If the sauce is thick you can loosen it with more olive oil or hot water. The sauce should be smooth and not dry.
- Place the kale leaves into a bigger bowl and add the lemon juice from 1/2 of the lemon. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes. Thanks to the lemon juice the kale will lose the bitter taste.
- Now add the sauce, the croutons and mix well so the kale leaves are completely covered with the sauce. Sprinkle with the vegan parmesan and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂