Quinoa pudding with vanilla, coconut milk and fresh berries [VeGaN]
Hold on. Before you start judging me why I used quinoa instead of chia seeds firstly read my comments below or try out this recipe straight away 🙂
Firstly, I do not like chia seeds and period. Mainly because it always get stuck between my teeth or somewhere in my mouth and also I am not a big fan of the slimy stuff. 🙂 Secondly, this quinoa pudding simply tastes better with white quinoa. It has a very nice texture, and the coconut milk goes well with the gentle taste of white quinoa and vanilla. And once you add a handful of fresh berries and some mint leaves on top, this pudding tastes better than any other one and it’s vegan.
Quinoa pudding with vanilla, coconut milk and fresh berries.
Quinoa pudding with vanilla, coconut milk and fresh berries. [VeGaN]Przepis autorstwa tasteisyoursCourse: Breakfasts, Recipe book, Sweet treats, VeGaN mealsDifficulty: Easy
Healthy quinoa pudding recipe, very easy to make.
2 cups canned coconut milk
1 large vanilla bean
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
1 tablespoon of almond slices
a handful of fresh berries
- Place the quinoa into a fine mesh colander and rinse under running water for 30 seconds. Combine the quinoa and water in a pot (or a saucepan) and bring to boil. Then reduce the heat and cook the quinoa uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. When quinoa is done, remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes.
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Set aside the seeds and the pod.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, vanilla seeds and the pod in a pot and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked quinoa and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot slightly, and cook for about 10 minutes stirring every few minutes.
- After a while, the milk will reduce and thicken.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the pot, remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Split the quinoa pudding into the bowls and place into the fridge to cool completely.
- Sprinkle each bowl with shredded coconut, sliced almonds and fresh berries on top.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!