Mini yeast buns with a creamy custard sauce for your kids to enjoy as a perfect treat. (dukatove buchticky)
Delicious mini yeast buns with a creamy custard sauce for your kids to enjoy as a perfect treat. (dukátové buchtičky,
are “Dukatove Buchticky” actually?
According to some websites the precise translation of “Dukátové Buchtičky” or “Buchtičky s šodó” is mini yeast buns with custard.
In Slovakia and Czechia, the buns were originally served with “šodó”, a foam made from wine and eggs. Later on, the foam was replaced by vanilla custard based on milk so it could meet the school canteen criteria. Thanks to this step, the dish became extremely popular among kids 🙂
Besides Slovakia and Czechia, you can find a very similar dish in Bavaria, France, UK and Italy where it is served with zabaglione sauce. (the sauce is based on egg yolks, sugar,
1 portion of the buns with vanilla milk custard contains approx. 167kcal, 3,8g of protein, 5,6g of fat and around 25g of carbs.
And how the tradition looks today?
To be very honest I do not know a person which is still making “dukátové buchtičky” at home. People rather buy them in grocery store frozen or pre-baked. They come home unpack them from fancy plastic package and pour over with a custard which has never seen real milk or vanilla.
And this is a big shame. Not only that people forget how to make them but also the original recipes disappear from our cultures.
Therefore my aim here is not only to give you a story and photos but also to share one of the very best recipes. Please share it with your friends, families and the world so the dishes like this one will survive for longer 🙂
Delicious mini yeast buns with a creamy custard sauce.
Delicious mini yeast buns with a creamy custard sauce. (dukátové buchtičky)Przepis autorstwa tasteisyoursDanie: LunchKuchnia: Czech, SlovakStopień trudności: Medium
A very traditional Czech and Slovak sweet lunch, which is very popular among kids.
300ml of milk
20g fresh yeast
40g of caster sugar
Custard of your choice (I recommend vanilla one)
100ml of vegetable oil + some more for baking
- For the yeast starter gently warm up 50ml of the milk and add the yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bigger bowl mix the flour, egg, sugar, the leftover milk, oil and the yeast starter. Kneed the dough for 5 minutes, then cover with kitchen towel and set aside for 40 minutes. Or until the dough is doubled in size.
- Prepare a baking tray and smear with some vegetable oil (or just place a parchment paper on it). Place the dough on a flat surface and cut into 8-12 smaller pieces. Roll each piece into a long roll, place on a baking sheet and smear with some more oil. Repeat this step with each roll, and cut through the rolls into smaller pieces. Let them rise for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Bake the buns for 20-25 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve the buns with your favourite custard.
Witryna wykorzystuje Akismet, aby ograniczyć spam. Dowiedz się więcej jak przetwarzane są dane komentarzy.
Życie jest wspaniałe, wino czyni je lepszym...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!