Scallops with garlic and fresh herb butter – for Valentines
For the start of Valentine’s dinner, I have prepared very easy, and delicious appetizer – scallops with garlic and fresh herb butter.
And why I have chosen this combination?
Scallops were featured in a 2005 study that indicated that these
little fruits of the sea are holding the potential of raising sexual hormone levels in both men and women. They contain vitamin B12, selenium, magnesium, zinc and potassium. Nutrients vital to a healthy sex life 🙂
Garlic, for example, is high in an ingredient called allicin. It can help stimulate circulation and blood flow to sexual organs in both men and women. Just be careful when using it, too much garlic can destroy the romantic mood and the whole dinner 🙂
Scallops with a garlic and fresh herb butter – for Valentines
Scallops with a garlic and fresh herb butter – for ValentinesPrzepis autorstwa tasteisyoursCourse: Recipe book, Small bitesDifficulty: Easy
6-12 fresh or frozen scallops
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 of lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Bunch of fresh parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
Crushed red chili flakes
- Wash the scallops under the running called water and the dry with a kitchen paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan and melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Once the butter is bubbling, add the scallops and bake them until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Once ready, take out from the saucepan and keep warm.
- Into the same saucepan add the remaining ingredients (butter, parsley, crushed chili flakes, minced garlic) and cook for 1 minute. Then add the lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve the scallops with a fresh bread or French baguette. Enjoy 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!