Slow roasted BBQ ribs with creamy sauce and baked mashed potatoes with smoked cheese. You will just lick your fingers.
Slow roasted bbq ribs is a very traditional
The ribs are slowly roasted for 3 hours so you have to count with some cooking time. But once you try them you will be amazed 🙂 The meat is super juicy and tender, falling from bones, simply yum 🙂
Secondly. the sauce is one of the best I’ve ever had. It is smoky, spicy, creamy and simply delicious.
Last but not least, I really loved the Polish twist on the mashed potatoes. Once I have baked them with a grated smoked cheese on top, they were like from other dimension.
If you want to try them you have 2 choices. Number one, you can make them at home and number two, you can visit SISSI Restaurant & Wine in Kraków, Poland where they are served.
How to make the slow roasted BBQ ribs with creamy sauce, and baked mashed potatoes with smoked cheese?
The slow roasted ribs:
The first tip to very delicious
Second tip is to marinate the ribs at room temperature. Thanks to this step all the flavours will be getting deeper into the meat. Also, the meat will be baked evenly.
The third tip is to bake the slow roasted ribs under the aluminum foil. But make sure you will place the foil with the mating side up.
To make the sauce just heat up a bigger pot and add the vegetable oil, onions, chili flakes, garlic, and the cumin. Roast for several minutes and then add the balsamic vinegar.
Leave it to evaporate a bit and then add the soy sauce and the Worchester sauce. Bring to boil and add the ketchup, smoke flavor, cane sugar, and the sugar molasses. Bring to boil and switch off the heat. Leave to cool and then blend with a blender until you get a smooth sauce.
The baked mashed potatoes:
To make the baked mashed potatoes place them into ramekins and add the grated cheese on top. Bake in the preheated oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
Slow roasted BBQ ribs with creamy sauce, and baked mashed potatoes with smoked cheese. You will just lick your fingers.
Slow roasted BBQ ribs with creamy sauce, and baked mashed potatoes with smoked cheese.Recipe by tasteisyoursCourse: DinnerCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
This is a very simple yet delicious slow roasted BBQ pork ribs recipe.
1kg of ribs
2g of smoked red paprika
3g of garlic powder
2g of ground cumin
3g of mustard seeds
35g of sugar cane sugar
10g of salt
3g of ground pepper
3g of dried oregano
2g of ground chili flakes
3g of dried marjoram
3g of dried thyme
300g of cane sugar
75ml of sugar molasses
250ml of balsamic vinegar
2g of ground cumin
2g of ground chili flakes
1ml of smoke flavor
250ml of soy sauce
35ml of Worchester sauce
350g of ketchup
350ml of passata
200g of onion, sliced finely
15g of garlic, chopped
30ml of vegetable oil
BAKED MASHED POTATOES:
200g of your favorite mashed potatoes
20g of smoked cheese (osczipek in Poland), grated thinly
100g of cornichons
100g of whole pickled chili peppers
- THE RIBS: cut out and discard any excess fat pieces and membranes from the bones. Chop the ribs into smaller chunks (3ribs in each will be perfect). Place the leftover ingredients (from the ribs ingredients section) in a food processor and blend with a blender until you get a marinade. Smear the marinade over the ribs and place them in a deeper baking tray. Marinate for at least 30 minutes at the room temperature. Cover with aluminium foil (the matt side up) and place it into the oven. Bake for 3 hours at 160°C.
- THE SAUCE: Heat up a bigger pot and add the vegetable oil, onions, chili flakes, garlic and the cumin. Roast for several minutes and then add the balsamic vinegar. Leave it to evaporate a bit and then add the soy sauce and the Worchester sauce. Bring to boil and add the ketchup, smoke flavor, cane sugar and the sugar molasses. Bring to boil and switch off the heat. Leave to cool and then blend with a blender until you get a smooth sauce.
- BAKED MASHED POTATOES: place the mashed potatoes into ramekins and add the grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Serving proposal: place the ribs on a bigger plate and pour over with the sauce. Serve with baked mashed potatoes and pickles on the side.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Try to discard the majority of the fat and membranes from the ribs.
- To get more flavors into the meat, marinate it at room temperature.
- You can make the ribs upfront and then freeze it down. It will last for a few weeks. Just make sure you place it into an airtight container.
- Try to use the
best smokedcheese you can get. It will add a superb flavour to your mashed potatoes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!