We all know how it feels. The alarm goes off, and we’re rushing to get ready, leaving barely any time for breakfast. If you’re one of the countless busy people who often skip the most important meal of the day, I’ve got a solution for you: overnight oats! A no-fuss, delicious, and nutritious option that you can prepare in advance. It’s the perfect answer to our morning hustle.
Ingredients for Basic Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind: almond, soy, dairy, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or any yogurt of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional, for added texture and nutrition)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup for sweetness (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of salt
- Toppings of choice: fruits, nuts, seeds, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon!
How to Make Basic Overnight Oats
- a jar or bowl with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rolled oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds (if using), honey or maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the jar or bowl with its lid or plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with your favorite toppings and your overnight oats are ready to enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Overnight Oats
- Always use old-fashioned rolled oats for the best texture.
- Experiment with different milk types to find your favorite flavor combination.
- For a protein boost, add protein powder or nut butter.
- The longer you let the oats soak, the creamier they become. If you prefer a chewier texture, shorten the soaking time.
- Customize! The beauty of overnight oats is the endless variety of flavors and toppings you can add. Get creative and make it your own.
Dive into this bowl of goodness and kickstart your day with energy! 🌞🥣