Vegan Thai peanut butter and quinoa summer salad to satisfy even the most sophisticated taste buds
The weekend is over. As I had some leftover food in my kitchen and fridge I wanted to use it up. The first option was to cook some warming soup from it. But I have chosen to make a fresh and crunchy salad instead 🙂 As usual, it is a very simple and fast one. You need only 15 minutes to cook the quinoa and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Vegan Thai peanut butter and quinoa salad – easy and delicious
Vegan Thai peanut butter and quinoa salad – easy and deliciousCourse: Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN mealsCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
¾ cup uncooked quinoa
1 ½ cups of water
1/4 of purple cabbage
1 cup green peas
Bunch of fresh coriander
1 spring onion
2 tablespoons of roasted and salted peanuts
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Juice from 1/2 of lime
2cm piece of fresh ginger
Pinch of red pepper flakes
salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. (it should take around 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Chop the purple cabbage, peel and grate the carrots. Slice thinly the fresh peas and the spring onion. Grate the ginger.
- In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, freshly grated ginger and a pinch of red pepper flakes. You can season the sauce with some salt & pepper if you wish.
- Mix all the ingredients (veggies and quinoa) in a bigger bowl and add the peanut sauce. Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Sprinkle the salad with the roasted peanuts and chopped coriander.
- Enjoy 🙂