Pork loin belongs to very popular dishes in Poland. And I am not surprised why. The recipes are simple, doesn’t require any super cooking skills and they are really delicious.
Like this one.
Ok, in case you want to make the flavours to really stand out, I recommend to marinate the meat for few hours or in the best case overnight.
The marinate will give the meat a nice touch of spices and the prunes will soften it from the inside.
And how you can prepare it at home?
How to make the pork loin filled with dried prunes?
First of all you will need a nice cut of pork loin, dried prunes, some spices and a glass baking tray with a lid.
I recommend this one:
Once the meat is ready you can serve with it a side dish of your choice. I strongly recommend either a cooked buckwheat or potatoes.
Traditional Polish pork loin with dried prunes.Course: Recipe bookCuisine: PolishDifficulty: easy
1kg pork loin
2 tablespoons of dried marjoram
3 tablespoon of red paprika powder
1 teaspoon of dried garlic
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
- First discard the skin from your pork loin. With a narrow and sharp knife cut a small hole (pocket) in the middle almost till the end. Do not cut the hole through the whole meat.
- Fill the whole pocket in the meat with dried prunes.
- In a bigger bowl mix together the dried marjoram, red paprika, salt, garlic powdered and vegetable oil. Place the meat inside the bowl and smear the marinate all over.
- Cover with the wrapping foil and transfer to the fridge for several hours or leave overnight.
- Once the meat is marinated and warmed to room temperature* preheat a bigger saucepan and add a drizzle of vegetable oil. Sear the meat from all the sides until brown so the pores will close before baking in the oven.
- Bake the meat in a preheated oven at 190°C for 60 minutes*.
- Serve the meat with cooked buckwheat or potatoes.
- *Take our the meat from the fridge before baking. Warming it up to room temperature will prevent the meat from getting a thermal shock and getting hard to bite.
- For every 1 kg of meat increase add 60 minutes of baking in the oven.