VeGaN Beetroot Burger
My search for the best vegan burger continues. Even though I posted my favorite one already, I do not want to stop there. (by the way, the recipe for the best vegan burger so far is here). I really want to find and test the best one available. I don’t care if it will require trying 10 or 100 other recipes, I will find it 🙂
The one from today is an average 3* for me, but it might be a 5* for you 🙂 So if you like roasted beetroot, avocado dip, and a crispy fries than you should try it straight away. I will cut the talk here and give you the recipe. Enjoy 🙂
Easy VeGaN Beetroot Burger
Easy VeGaN Beetroot BurgerCourse: Dinners, Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN mealsDifficulty: Easy
3 medium-sized beetroots, peeled and cut into cubes
1 cup red quinoa (you can use the white one as well), cooked according to the instruction
1 tbsp olive oil
Vegan egg – 2 tbsp of grounded flaxseeds poured over with 4 tbsp of hot boiling water
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp chili flakes
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp of lime juice
400g of potatoes, peeled and cut into fries and deep-fried
Bunch of fresh coriander leaves – chopped thinly
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the beetroot cubes on a lined baking tray, rub with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the roasted beets in a food processor and pulse two or three times – you need some texture for the burgers, so make sure you don’t mash them completely.
- Transfer the beets to a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If the texture is too mushy add more bread crumbs until you obtain the desired consistency. Also, you can add a bit of chopped coriander for more color.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the burgers and place them back on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on one side, then flip over and bake for 15 more minutes. Be careful so they do not fall apart.
- Avocado Dip – mix the avocado with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. You can also add a tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves for better taste.
- You can also serve the burgers with any kind of buns and ingredients you wish. Enjoy 🙂