Best oven-roasted tomato soup with VeGaN Parmesan.
Many families in Central Europe cook bullion for Sunday lunch. Usually, it is a slowly cooked bullion from chicken or duck, and sometimes from pork or beef meat and bones.
I cooked one yesterday as well. It was my favorite vegetable bullion (VeGaN) which I cook already for several months. As usual, I cooked a bigger portion. Mostly because I like to freeze it and use it later in my VeGaN dishes.
Today I decided to use the leftovers bit differently. Instead of freezing it down I used it straight away in a tomato soup 🙂 (by the way, in Poland there is a huge tradition to cook the tomato soup from bullion on Mondays 🙂 ).
As a base, I used oven-roasted tomatoes and some garlic, onion and fresh herbs. The soup turned out pretty delicious and I will definitely cook it again. Just maybe I will use less garlic 🙂 (instead of 4 cloves I will add only 2).
In case you have some leftover bullion at home as well, but you do not know how to use it, cook a tomato soup out of it 🙂 It will be a perfect option 🙂
How to make the best oven-roasted tomato soup with VeGaN Parmesan?
Best oven-roasted tomato soup with VeGaN Parmesan.Danie: AppetizersKuchnia: Polska
An easy recipe for a delicious oven roasted tomato soup.
6 ripe tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic (if you like stronger garlic taste, use 4 cloves)
1 yellow onion
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
6 leaves of fresh basil + some for garnish
10 leaves of fresh oregano
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cups of VeGaN bullion
Sant & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of plant-based cream (coconut one will be ok)
VeGaN parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes, placing them in a baking dish afterwards.
- Slice the onion into thin stripes. Peel the garlic and press it down with your palm. Add to the baking dish together with fresh oregano and basil leaves.
- Drizzle over the vegetables with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in food processor or blender and mix well. Slowly add the bullion until the soup has a smooth consistency.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream, and garnish with fresh basil leaves and VeGaN parmesan. Optionally you can serve a grilled baguette slices next to it.
- Smacznego 🙂
- The soup is fully vegan. But if you wish you can add regular Parmesan or sour cream.
- You can keep the soup in the refrigerator packed in an airtight container for up to 1 week.