5 minutes tiger prawns with garlic, chili, and parsley.
I will be very honest with you, this was more an experiment than a targeted cooking. I’ve never cooked (actually never held in my hands) a whole prawn, meaning like with head, legs, and those long antennas. For me, it was always too yucky 🙂 In the past, I also cooked only the frozen ones which were already cleaned and even parboiled. But sometimes you just have to risk it and try out something completely new 🙂 So I bought the tiger prawns in the supermarket, cleaned them properly and cooked just by using my creativity. Nothing complicated, just a simple recipe and a couple of ingredients. And probably that’s the reason why they turned out so well 🙂 Simplicity.
So if you are not afraid of touching the tiger prawns this recipe is perfect for you. Have fun cooking and enjoy 🙂
*Important note: Make sure you clean the inside of the prawns properly. No s**t leftovers are allowed in your food 🙂
5 minutes tiger prawns with garlic, chilli, and parsley.
5 minutes tiger prawns with garlic, chilli and parsley.Recipe by tasteisyoursCourse: Recipe book, Small bites, prawns, sea foodCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: medium
Tiger prawns with garlic, chili and parsley.
10-12 pieces of tiger prawns (this is for 2 servings)
1 red chili
Bunch of fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
For serving: couple of slices of a fresh baguette
- Clean the tiger prawns properly from the inside, leave the shell on and set aside. Deseed the chili and slice. Finely chop the parsley leaves. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Heat up a bigger pan and add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (Thanks to the oil the butter will not burn during baking) Add the sliced chili and the garlic and roast for 1-2 minutes. Place in the cleaned tiger prawns and bake until the prawns turn orange. But not longer than 2 minutes per side. Once ready, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, stir well and serve. You can also drizzle them with 1-2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- This food goes best with some bread or baguette and a cold beer on side 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
- The prawns are ready once they turney pink on the outside and are not translucent inside anymore.
- Always buy fresh prawns from a trusted source. The eyes of the prawns should be clean and shiny.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Meet the Author
Life is great, wine makes it better...
Hi, my name is Jan and I am the creator of Taste Is Yours. A food blog were I share my most favorite recipes and food related stories...Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates once a new recipe goes live!