I will be very honest with you, this was more an experiment than a targeted cooking. I’ve never cooked (actually never held in my hands) a whole prawn, meaning like with head, legs, and those long antennas. For me, it was always too yucky 🙂 In the past, I also cooked only the frozen ones which were already cleaned and even parboiled. But sometimes you just have to risk it and try out something completely new 🙂 So I bought the tiger prawns in the supermarket, cleaned them properly and cooked just by using my creativity. Nothing complicated, just a simple recipe and a couple of ingredients. And probably that’s the reason why they turned out so well 🙂 Simplicity.
So if you are not afraid of touching the tiger prawns this recipe is perfect for you. Have fun cooking and enjoy 🙂
*Important note: Make sure you clean the inside of the prawns properly. No s**t leftovers are allowed in your food 🙂
5 minutes tiger prawns with garlic, chilli, and parsley.
5 minutes tiger prawns with garlic, chilli and parsley.Course: Recipe book, Small bites, prawns, sea foodCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: medium
Tiger prawns with garlic, chili and parsley.
10-12 pieces of tiger prawns (this is for 2 servings)
1 red chili
Bunch of fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
For serving: couple of slices of a fresh baguette
- Clean the tiger prawns properly from the inside, leave the shell on and set aside. Deseed the chili and slice. Finely chop the parsley leaves. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Heat up a bigger pan and add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (Thanks to the oil the butter will not burn during baking) Add the sliced chili and the garlic and roast for 1-2 minutes. Place in the cleaned tiger prawns and bake until the prawns turn orange. But not longer than 2 minutes per side. Once ready, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, stir well and serve. You can also drizzle them with 1-2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- This food goes best with some bread or baguette and a cold beer on side 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
- The prawns are ready once they turney pink on the outside and are not translucent inside anymore.
- Always buy fresh prawns from a trusted source. The eyes of the prawns should be clean and shiny.