Carrot, sweet potato and red chili pepper soup.
This is the second recipe from the Valentine’s dinner. I have chosen a soup which will warm you up and give you a proper boost.
The soup is tuned up with chili pepper which is another libido boosting ingredient. This invigorating spice has an exotic reputation and a bright red color, which could be why chili peppers are considered natural aphrodisiac foods and a symbol of love. Chili peppers stimulate endorphins (the brain’s feel-good chemicals), speed up heart rate and make you sweat, which all mimic how you feel when you’re aroused.
Carrot, sweet potato and red chili pepper soup to warm you up [Easy and VeGaN]
Carrot, sweet potato and red chili pepper soup to warm you up [VeGaN]Course: Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN mealsCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Easy
This creamy soup is perfect for Valentine’s Dinner! 🙂
150g of sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped to smaller cubes
45g of carrot, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons of coconut milk 18% fat
1 teaspoon of clarified butter (Ghee)
10g of red chili pepper, deseeded and sliced finely
Dried coconut slices
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
Salt & pepper
- Heat up a pot and add the clarified butter. Once the butter is hot add the red chili pepper, and roast for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and the carrots to the pot and roast for 2-3 minutes and then add the coconut milk. Stir well, cook for 1 minute and then pour over with 600ml of cold water. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the veggies will get tender (approximately 20 minutes).
- Once the soup is ready add the turmeric, and season with black pepper and salt to your taste. Stir well and set aside.
- Blend the soup with immersion blender until it will get a very smooth consistency. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. Also, you can add more water if the soup will be too thick.
- Serve with dried coconut slices and optionally with few chili slices. Enjoy 🙂