Dive into a world of flavors with our quick and easy grilled chicken wraps, complemented with a homemade ranch dressing. And guess what? This delightful meal is ready in just 15 minutes!
Plus, we’ve got the ranch dressing recipe for you, so you can skip the store-bought version and indulge in a healthier alternative.
What does a chicken wrap contain?
A chicken wrap typically consists of a tortilla or flatbread enveloping seasoned and cooked chicken pieces, often accompanied by various fillings and sauces. Common ingredients include lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and dressings like mayonnaise or ranch.
Depending on the recipe or place of origin, chicken wraps can also contain other veggies, beans, rice, or even fruits like pineapple or mango for a tropical twist.
Are chicken wraps healthy?
The healthiness of chicken snack wraps depends largely on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. A wrap made with grilled chicken, fresh vegetables, and a light dressing on a whole wheat tortilla can be a nutritious choice. It provides protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
However, if the chicken is fried or the wrap contains high-calorie dressings and cheeses, the health benefits can decrease. As with any food, moderation is key, and it’s always best to be mindful of portion sizes and the ingredients being used.
Is chicken wrap junk food?
The term “junk food” generally refers to foods that are high in calories but low in nutritional value. Whether a chicken wrap falls into this category depends on its ingredients and preparation. A chicken wrap made with fried chicken, heavy sauces, and wrapped in a refined flour tortilla might be considered less healthy.
In contrast, a wrap with grilled chicken, lots of veggies, and a light sauce on a whole grain wrap would be a more nutritious option. So, while not all chicken wraps are “junk food,” some versions can be less healthy than others.
How to make a chicken wrap?
- Chicken pieces (breast or thigh, according to preference)
- Seasonings (like salt, pepper, paprika)
- Tortilla or flatbread
- Veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
- Cheese (optional)
- Dressing or sauce of choice
- Season the chicken pieces and grill or fry until fully cooked.
- Slice or shred the cooked chicken.
- Lay out the tortilla or flatbread.
- Place the chicken in the center, followed by the veggies, cheese, and sauce.
- Fold or roll the wrap (see the next section for wrapping instructions).
- Serve immediately or grill for a few minutes for a crispy finish.
How to wrap a chicken wrap?
- Place the tortilla or flatbread on a flat surface.
- Add your fillings, including chicken, in the center, ensuring not to overstuff.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla slightly over the fillings.
- Then, fold in the sides of the tortilla, one at a time.
- Roll the wrap upwards, keeping it tight, until you reach the top edge.
- Ensure the wrap is secure. Some prefer to use a toothpick to keep it in place or give it a quick grill to seal the edges.
- Slice in half and enjoy!