Easy Ratatouille – delicious and VeGaN.
Happy New Year friends, I wish you all the best in 2018 🙂
Think that most of you will prefer an easy dish for the beginning of the year and not a heavy one. Therefore I prepared something very delicious, full of flavors and fast. It is also one of the easiest dishes I have ever made. The whole cooking requires only 1 hour and 20 minutes and almost no extra coking skills 🙂 You have to take care only of slicing the vegetables, seasoning well the sauce and using your creativity.
Easy Ratatouille – (delicious and VeGaN)
Easy Ratatouille – (delicious and VeGaN)Course: Lunches, Recipe book, VeGaN meals, DinnerCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
1 cup crushed tomatoes (canned ones)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced (about 3-4 large leaves), plus more for garnish
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
One teaspoon herbs de Provence spice mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
One medium sweet or red onion, sliced
1 large zucchini, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups sliced)
1 large eggplant, sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
3 large tomatoes, sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, oil and vinegar. Stir in the garlic, basil, herbs de Provence, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Stack the veggie slices in alternating patterns (for example like this: 1 slice onion, 1 slice zucchini, 1slice eggplant, and 1 slice tomato; repeat) and place them on their side in the pan, leaning against the edge of the pan. Repeat until you’ve formed a couple of rows of veggies, filled the pan, and used up all of the veggie slices.
- Optionally, spray or brush the tops of the veggies with oil. Thanks to this they will get browned on top.
- Bake for about an hour, until the tomato sauce at the bottom, is bubbling and the veggies are tender.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh basil before serving (optional). Serve hot or cold.